DOLPHIN INSURANCE SERVICES INC. only collects, uses, and discloses personal Information for the following purposes:
- Offering and providing insurance and related products and services to you.
- Establishing and maintaining communications with you.
- Verifying your identity and the accuracy of your Personal Information with government agencies, industry associations, brokers or other insurers.
- Analyzing, assessing and underwriting risks on a prudent basis.
- Investigation and paying claims.
- Detecting and preventing fraud or other illegal activities.
- Compiling statistics.
- Complying with the law or the requests of law enforcement agencies or regulators
- Notifying you or allowing our affiliated companies to notify you of certain products or services offered by our affiliated companies.
Your knowledge and consent of DOLPHIN INSURANCE SERVICES INC. collection, use and disclosure of your personal information is critical. We rely on the following actions by you as indications of your consent to our existing and future Personal Information Practices:
- Your voluntary provision of Personal Information directly to DOLPHIN INSURANCE SERVICES INC for the purpose of acquiring an insurance contract or related service or product (including information previously provided to DOLPHIN INSURANCE SERVICES INC)
- Your expressed consent or acknowledgement contained within a written, verbal or electronic application process
- Your consent solicited by DOLPHIN INSURANCE SERVICES INC for a specified purpose
- Your consent given through your authorized representative such as a legal guardian, agent of holder of a power of attorney.
Subject to certain legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, you may withdraw the consent at any time. DOLPHIN INSURANCE SERVICES INC will inform you of the consequences of withdrawing your consent.
In some cases, refusing to provide certain personal information or withdrawing consent for DOLPHIN INSURANCE SERVICES INC to collect, use or disclose your personal information could mean that we cannot provide you with insurance coverage or other requested products, services or information.
Limiting Collection and Retention of Personal Information
DOLPHIN INSURANCE SERVICES INC will only collect, use, or disclose personal information that is necessary for the identified purposes, or as required by law. If we require personal information for any other purpose, you will be notified of the new purpose, and subject to your consent, that new purpose will become an identified purpose. DOLPHIN INSURANCE SERVICES INC will only collect personal information by fair and lawful means. We will retain personal information only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the identified purposes.
DOLPHIN INSURANCE SERVICES INC will maintain your personal information as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the identified purposes.
DOLPHIN INSURANCE SERVICES INC will protect your personal information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Safeguards will vary depending on the sensitivity format, location, and storage of the personal information.
Accountability, Openness and Customer Access
If you are not satisfied with DOLPHIN INSURANCE SERVICES INC response to privacy related inquiry or complaint you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada during business hours at 1-800-282-1376 or at www.privcom.gc.ca.